Automatic parts washer
Make work easier with an automatic parts washer
An automatic parts washer allows you to clean grimy machine parts and vehicle components with the touch of a button. Hotsy Water Blast installs high-quality front-load and top-load automatic parts washers made by Storm King.
How does an automatic parts washer work?
An automatic parts washer is sort of like a dishwasher, but designed to clean the grimiest, most heavy-duty machine parts. Using pressurized hot water and specialized detergent, it gets rid of the most tenacious dirt, grime, grease, oil, carbon stains and metal shavings. Parts washers come in top-load and front-load configurations.
What type of detergent is required?
A number of specialty detergents are available for automatic parts washers. One of Storm King’s most popular detergents is TUBMATE, which is designed to remove grease, oil, dirt, carbon-based iron and steel deposits. Alkaline liquid strippers are also available for dissolving paint and powder coatings.
At Hotsy Water Blast, we carry a full selection of parts washer detergents.
Benefits of an automatic parts washer
An automatic parts washer can tackle the toughest dirt and grime on machine parts of all shapes and sizes, from a bulky car transmission to small nuts, bolts and screws. Cleaning chops aside, here are some of the benefits of an automatic parts washer:
- User-friendly. To get your machine parts looking as good as new, all you have to do is load them inside the cleaning basket, close the door, set the timer and sit back.
- Labour-saving.No more hand-cleaning parts. That means machine-tool operators and mechanics are free to focus on other work while the parts are automatically cleaned.
- Health– Manually washing parts typically involves the use of petroleum-based solvents, which are toxic, flammable and carcinogenic.
- Cost-effective.Over time, an automatic parts washer can end up paying for itself thanks to the reduced labour costs.
- Environmentally friendly.Say goodbye to dangerous and expensive solvents. Automatic parts washers clean using hot water and detergent, which has less of an impact on the environment and saves you money.
- All automatic parts washers we install are CSA approved, so you’ll have peace of mind of knowing you’re operating safe equipment.
- Many features come standard, but we also offer customization so you can be sure your parts washer is perfect for your needs.
Caustic dip tanks: another cleaning solution for grimy machine parts
Whereas parts washers rely on a high-pressure spray to blast away dirt and grime, caustic dip tanks are an immersion cleaning method. Parts are cleaned in a caustic dip tank using hot water, chemical cleaners and an agitating motion. Like parts washers, caustic dip tanks are able to remove the heaviest dirt and grime, including layers of grease, oil and paint.
Do you need a tailor-made cleaning solution?
Hotsy Water Blast installs parts washers in a range of sizes and load capacities. Available models include:
- Energy-efficient models
- Intermediate models
- Commercial models
- Industrial models
- Heavy-duty models
Automatic parts washers and pressure washer systems in Canada and the United States
Turn to Hotsy Water Blast for a dependable automatic parts washer customized to meet your business’ needs. We can also set you up with a state-of-the-art pressure washer system for quick, effective cleaning of vehicles and heavy machinery. To learn more about our custom cleaning solutions, contact a Hotsy Water Blast location in Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Langley, Regina, Bismarck or Williston.