A guide to setting up a commercial truck-mounted pressure washer
A truck-mounted pressure washer is a versatile tool for mobile cleaning companies and remote cleaning jobs. There are many aspects to consider when setting up a truck-mounted pressure washer rig. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
9 advantages of a truck-mounted pressure washer
Truck-mounted pressure washer systems have several advantages over trailer-mounted pressure washers, including:
- They’re portable. Truck-mounted pressure washers are easier to transport than trailer-mounted rigs. For example, you don’t have to worry about backing a trailer into a driveway. Plus, you can access narrow alleys and parking lots that you may not be able to access with a trailer.
- They let you carry higher payloads. Typically, there’s no need for an additional water truck, and you don’t need to fill up as frequently.
- There’s no need for an additional power source. The pressure washer can run off the truck’s hydraulic system so you can work almost anywhere. Additionally, you can operate interior lights and exterior van body lights off the van’s power source.
- You don’t need a fuel tank. Unlike a trailer, there’s no need to add a fuel tank. The heating and pumping module can be tied into the truck’s fuel tank.
- They have storage space. Pressure washers installed in vans have additional storage space for toolboxes and workbenches.
- You don’t need extra pumps. Pre-spray systems can run off the truck’s air compressor, eliminating the need for additional pumps or generators.
- They stay warm. You can install a bus heater in the van to keep it warm. You can tie the heater to the truck’s coolant line.
- They’re more efficient. Truck-mounted pressure washers can increase cleaning efficiency by allowing more operators and functions to work simultaneously.
- They’re more secure. You never have to worry about someone hooking up to your trailer and stealing it because your rig is always with you.
Parts of a truck-mounted pressure washer rig
A truck–mounted pressure washer rig has many pieces of equipment. Depending on your needs, you may need the following accessories:
- Custom pressure washer
- Hose reel
- Pressure washer gun
- Water tank
- Soap tank
- Gas tank
- Spray wand
- Soap cannon
An eight-GPM (gallons per minute) unit has plenty of power for tough cleaning jobs. However, it’s small enough that it won’t take up too much space on your truck. Hotsy Water Blast’s pressure washer design and engineering team can help you design your dream setup.
Custom pressure washer design and engineering services in Western Canada
At Hotsy Water Blast, we can help you set up your truck-mounted pressure washer. We design and engineer custom cleaning systems and provide professional installation services. You can use our pressure washer rental services for temporary jobs. Contact us today to speak with a pressure washer expert in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or North Dakota.