6 unusual uses for a pressure washer
Pressure washers can be used for more than just washing the car, the deck and the driveway. Here are six unusual tasks you might want to tackle with your electric- or gas-powered pressure washer.
- Scaling fish. Cleaning a freshly caught fish isn’t a pleasant job. Removing the scales can be tedious and smelly. A pressure washer, however, can remove fish scales in seconds.
- Trimming trees. Loose or broken tree branches are dangerous. They can come crashing down on a car or a person at any time. Fortunately, you can use a pressure washer to remove loose or broken limbs. Just spray a high-pressure jet into the tree’s canopy and the branches will come falling down.
- Stress-testing roofing. Don’t wait for the next big storm to test your new roof. Use an electric pressure washer to simulate high winds and rain. Identify weak spots so that you can repair them before they become a headache.
- Cleaning fabrics and rugs. A pressure washer is more effective than your washing machine to clean area rugs or car mats. Pour detergent into the reservoir and use the high-pressure blast to get rid of even the toughest stains. You can try this with stained pillowcases and bedsheets too.
- Cleaning gutters. Cleaning eavestroughs is a messy and time-consuming job, but not if you use a pressure washer. Carefully use a ladder to access your gutters and spray away all the leaves, twigs and gunk that accumulates and can potentially clog your downspouts.
- Killing weeds. Using heat and steam is an effective and eco-friendly method of killing weeds growing up through the cracks of your walkways and driveway. Use a steam cleaner to shrivel up dandelions without herbicides. A few seconds on a weed is all it takes.
Remember, safety first
Remember, pressure washers can cause severe injury. When using your pressure washer, make sure children and animals are away from the work area. Use the least intense pressure washer nozzle setting before switching to a stronger one.
Pressure washer sale and rental services
At Hotsy Water Blast, we carry an extensive collection of cold and hot water pressure washers, as well as pressure washer nozzles and other parts and accessories. To learn more about our products and services, contact us today at one of our locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or North Dakota.