How do Hotsy pressure washers operate?
Pressure washers are powerful tools that help you quickly and efficiently clean various surfaces. However, it’s important to follow proper procedures to ensure the machine’s longevity and reduce downtime and repair costs. Here’s what you need to know about safely operating a pressure washer.
Firstly, it’s crucial to read the entire Hotsy pressure washer operation manual provided with the unit. This ensures you’re familiar with the location and function of all the operating and safety controls. Before every use, check the hoses, fittings, wand, trigger gun and fuel connections for signs of wear, cracks and looseness. Any defective equipment should be replaced or serviced as soon as possible.
Here are some essential safety tips to keep in mind while using your pressure washer:
- Before plugging in the electrical cord, ensure all switches and controls are
- Always turn on the water before starting the pressure washer. Running the pump dry can cause severe damage to the unit.
- When using the pressure washer, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as safety goggles and ear protection.
- Hold the trigger gun firmly to prevent
- Never point the pressure washer wand at a
- Avoid spraying electrical outlets, light fixtures or any other devices that could cause electrical shock or damage.
- Don’t spray directly at the surface you’re Keep the tip angled for best results.
After using the washer, release any remaining pressure before disconnecting the hoses. If you used a detergent, draw clean water through the detergent inlet line to prevent clogs.
When storing your pressure washer, protect it from freezing temperatures. Either keep it in a heated area or flush the system with antifreeze. You can use an automotive engine antifreeze or windshield washer solvent.
For added protection, it’s a good idea to disconnect the pressure hose from the machine and remove the coil drain plug. After the coil has drained, replace the pressure hose and coil drain plug. To prevent rust and corrosion, apply a light coating of 30W non-detergent oil to any moving parts, including the pump.
Properly maintaining your pressure washer is crucial to ensure its longevity and efficient operation. During the break-in period, make sure the oil is changed after the first 25 hours of operation. After that, replace oil every three months or 300 hours of operation, whichever comes first.
If you need professional repairs or maintenance for your pressure washer, Hotsy’s experienced technicians can help. We offer fast and reliable service to ensure your equipment is always in top working condition.
Pressure washer maintenance and repairs
At Hotsy Water Blast, we carry all the pressure washer parts and accessories you need for your operation, including hoses, reels, nozzles and spray guns. Contact us today and sign up for our pressure washer maintenance plan. We’re located in Edmonton , Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Langley, Regina, Williston and Bismarck, North Dakota.